Sunday, October 12, 2008

Battle Report 10-8-08

So, I played against Imperial Guard last week, and thoroughly got stomped. (Leave it to Loozbadd.) First turn went to the Imperial Gun line. Here is his army list. (Thanks for emailing it Chris!)

HQ
Inquisitor lord w/Terminator Armor, Auspex, Incinerator, and Emperors tarot
Warrior w/Flamer x3
Acolyte w/Combi-Flamer x3,
Mystic
Land Raider

Junior Officer w/Honorific Imperialis
Mortar Team
Vox casterGuardsman
Mortar Support Squad w/3 Mortar Teams

Troops
Platoon 1
Squad 1 Light Infantry, Autocannon, Grenade Launcher, Vox
Squad 2 Light Infantry, Autocannon, Grenade Launcher, Vox

Platoon 2
Squad 1 Light Infantry, Mortar, Plasma Gun, Vox
Squad 2 Light Infantry, Mortar, Plasma Gun, Vox

Fast Attack
Hellhound

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Battle Tank w/Hull Heavy Bolter and Heavy Bolter Sponsons
Leman Russ Battle Tank w/Hull Heavy Bolter and Heavy Bolter Sponsons
Leman Russ Demolisher w/Hull Heavy Bolter and Plasmacannon Sponsons
After 2 turns of surviving Imperial shooting, I had just under half of my army left.

My opponent did say his army theme was to see how many template weapons he could put in the army. Which is viable, but, I feel it was a bit lame. I would say it was lame if I played it and had won.

We played the Annihilation mission, I killed one unit with Snikrot, and his Kommandos, but my opponent wiped out all but 12 models in my army. It was over by the third turn.
I deployed incorrectly, I moved bad, the whole game I played wrong. My mind was not really on the game. I am not sure why.

No comments: